Friday, April 24, 2009

Feckless Friday - Financial Flourishes of Fantasy

Welcome to another edition of flailing fecklessness with yours truly, the father of all things feckless. This weeks attempts at understanding the current market, and especially the over blown financial stocks, has been a lesson in misery.

On the upside this week, I went to the VA to get a check-up and was offered a free colonoscopy. I declined, telling the Doctor that the market had been up my butt for over a month and pretty much cleaned everything out in there. So no need for tests.

I had a birthday yesterday and enjoyed the fact I have survived to 60 years of age. Maybe that's not seen as a great accomplishment by most readers, but considering the chances I've taken, the places I've been and the folks who have shot at me; I feel very fortunate indeed.

On another entirely unfeckless note, my wife and I are traveling to the mountains this weekend for some much needed R & R. We will be celebrating both our birthdays and having as much fun as possible and maybe more than is legal.


The news this week has been all about Torture and it's relative good and bad points. The good points mostly being highlighted by Faux News. I have learned how to tell when something stinks by their recommendations. In a small serious note here; this commentary on what is and isn't torture and the resulting action or lack thereof, is something of a test of our Democracy, our culture and our country's moral compass.

I hope we pass the test.

Have a great weekend.

RT

No comments: