Sunday, April 23, 2017

Arriving at Geezerville's Gates

I turned 68 today and I feel pretty damned good for a guy who had chemo on Friday. I know it's more about my mental attitude than my physical condition. 

It comes from working with my youngest son yesterday on our RV. I worked with my Dad in a cabinet shop in rural Alabama when I got out of the Marines in 1971. Working with Damien yesterday brought back some of those memories.

The cabinet shop was on the second floor of an Old Barn in Verbena, Alabama. The train tracks ran behind it about 50 feet away. In the winter (it gets cold in Alabama in the winter) We would sit by an old wood stove taking a coffee break and watch the freight cars go by and marvel at all the different states and locations they came from.

I spent a lot of time yesterday sitting on the RVs couch and watching Damien work. My stamina is pretty low, I can work in spurts, but not continually for any amount of time. He worked tirelessly and smartly as well. It was a real pleasure to work with him. I am looking forward to the next time we work on the RV together.

Vicki made me Taquitos this morning for Breakfast. Right now I'm watching the Bruins and the Senators playing game six in their playoff series. The Senators just scored another goal and lead 2 to 1. If the Bruins lose they are out of the playoffs.

It's a great day to be alive regardless of your age and ailments. 

Hope your day is as good,

RT

No comments: