- Like many folks who have found jobs after a long stretch of unemployment I am thankful to have a job this year.
- Likewise I am doubly thankful to have insurance
- I am thankful to have a nice clean decent place to live and food on the table to eat
- I am thankful to have reasonably good health for a person my age
- I am thankful to be married to a wonderful woman
- I am thankful for all the kids and grandkids we have
- I am thankful and grateful for the great support system of friends and family that help us during Vicki's cancer treatments
- I am thankful that today was Vicki's last Radiation treatment (#30)
- On a lighter note I am thankful I was able to miss Sarah Palin's book signing here in Phoenix today.
- I am thankful that the new congress will not be in session till next year
- I am thankful that George Bush can never be president again
- I am thankful that at least 50% of the population has common sense, though the people who are in that 50% percent are not the same all the time
- I am thankful that for 4 days I will not be answering the phone for work
- I am thankful that football is a winter sport (though the season gets longer every year)
- I am thankful that I will not be driving, flying or commuting by train to some distant location during this holiday break
- And I'm thankful that Cigars and Whiskey do for me these days what pot and Boone's Farm Apple Wine did for me in the 60s