Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Seriously and Satirically Thankful 2010

  • Like many folks who have found jobs after a long stretch of unemployment I am thankful to have a job this year.
  • Likewise I am doubly thankful to have insurance
  • I am thankful to have a nice clean decent place to live and food on the table to eat
  • I am thankful to have reasonably good health for a person my age
  • I am thankful to be married to a wonderful woman
  • I am thankful for all the kids and grandkids we have
  • I am thankful and grateful for the great support system of friends and family that help us during Vicki's cancer treatments
  • I am thankful that today was Vicki's last Radiation treatment (#30)

  • On a lighter note I am thankful I was able to miss Sarah Palin's book signing here in Phoenix today.
  • I am thankful that the new congress will not be in session till next year
  • I am thankful that George Bush can never be president again
  • I am thankful that at least 50% of the population has common sense, though the people who are in that 50% percent are not the same all the time
  • I am thankful that for 4 days I will not be answering the phone for work
  • I am thankful that football is a winter sport (though the season gets longer every year)
  • I am thankful that I will not be driving, flying or commuting by train to some distant location during this holiday break
  • And I'm thankful that Cigars and Whiskey do for me these days what pot and Boone's Farm Apple Wine did for me in the 60s


Happy Thanksgiving,

RT

2 comments:

Jack E said...

Ditto - It's a joke! LOL

Richard said...

Happy Thanksgiving McSchtick