Saturday, July 22, 2017

First Month of Clinical Trial Review

Right now I'm in my off week.  Over the past 21 days I took 84 pills, four a day for 21 days. That's the maximum dosage for Stivarga. Some patients have had a harder time than me and I guess some not as hard a time.

I was hoping to feel better with more energy during this off week. So far it's been about fifty/fifty. I feel better more often than when I take the pills but I am still having trouble sleeping and I am getting headaches that so far have been hard to fix.

I have not a great deal more energy either. Today was the first day that I was able to go out. I needed to get some stuff to work on our bathroom sinks at Home Depot. Vicki needed some prescriptions picked up at Walgreens and we needed a loaf of bread. I wanted to go to the storage yard and check on the RV as well. 

I accomplished all my errands, came back to house and picked up Vicki to join me in looking after our RV. We found the front two Tire covers had blown away in a storm and spent some time looking around the Storage Lot to no avail. Worse than that though was the condition of the RVs batteries. They (all 3, the one under the hood and the two for the RV) were dead as doornails. Pretty discouraging. Now I have to get them recharged if they aren't ruined and set up some kind of solar battery minder for both the chassis battery and the house batteries. This is another project I may not be able to do.

I spent some time tonight researching RV solar battery minders and I still don't know which one to get. I think I will give my mobile RV tech a call on Monday and see what advice he can give me.

It's important that we maintain the RV while renovating it or things will get worse rather than better. During the past month I was unable to get up and go check on it and that's my fault. I should have made arrangements to have it checked at least once a week.

The only good news from all of this with the RV is that we didn't see evidence of any storm damage or water leakage.

I hope I can get my act together on this thing and as the Cable Guy says " Get Er Done."

Of course the biggest issue will be what effect the Stivarga is having on my Cancer. It will be another month before I will know that.

Have a great weekend,

RT

1 comment:

Jack E said...

Hey man you are probably tired of advice, but saw this on TV and thought it might help. FREE is good.

http://www.newsmax.com/Health/Health-News/chemotherapy-app-chemowave-cancer/2017/07/12/id/801249/