Sunday, February 7, 2016

3rd and 2

I had the first 3 radiation treatments this last week on the second cancer mass in my lungs. Next week I get two more and I should be done. At least done with radiation anyway. There may be more maintenance drugs needed for a while. I'll have to wait and see how that goes. 

On another bright note, we got our car back on Friday. We've been in a rental car for 2 weeks. A big piece of truck tire took out the front end of my car on the Freeway and it's taken that long to replace the front bumper cover, the tie rod, the radiator and the air conditioning condenser. It also tore up some cover plates under the car as well.

It was a sort of freak event. The car in front of me attempted to miss the thing and hit it with just one tire. The damned thing flipped up into the air and came at me like it was alive. There I was looking at the chunk of truck tire bearing down on me and nowhere to  go. It hit dead in the middle of the bumper and split the lower bumper in half, then slammed into anything it could as it went under the car. 

We're really happy to have our baby back. We spend a lot of time in it together commuting to work and traveling. It has all the creature comforts we like and rides like a dream. The 300 is the last of a breed of big, rear wheel drive, American sedans. It makes me feel good every time I get behind wheel. 

OK, enough about our ride.

Vicki got the word this week that she'll be going in for surgery on one of her kidneys later this month. We're trying to schedule all our medical crap before our birthdays in April. We're hopeful this coming surgery will stop her weight loss and make her feel better. Her doctor says it has a good chance of success. 

I stood on the patio this afternoon watching a couple of steaks cook on the grill while enjoying a whiskey and a cigar. I realized that as tough as things have been, Vicki and I are doing OK. She has a girls outing to the Renaissance festival coming up in a couple of weeks.It's a great day for her to spend with daughters, granddaughters, sisters and nieces.

We've got plans for dinner out next weekend for Valentines day. Our kids gave us gift cards for Christmas and this is the first chance we have to use them.

And of course there's the Super Bowl tomorrow. 

Have a great weekend.

RT








2 comments:

Jack E said...

Hey man I'm still with you. Just been very busy and haven't put my priorities in order. need to get a grip. Starting tomorrow morning, going to go play golf with my brother Don, Gary Peccarro, and Red Ronnebaum. Played last week and shot a 86, felt like a 106, not fun when I'm out there and checking the cell phone for voice mails, texts, or emails, going to try to leave it in the car and disconnect for 4 hours, not going to guaranty I'll do it, because I can't even convince myself I can while typing. Have a good one! will let you know how it went.
McPflegar.

Richard said...

Hang in and enjoy the outing