Sunday, February 1, 2015

2 down ? to go

I had my second infusion chemo this Friday. This one was considered the short one and only went about 2 1/2 hours. It went OK. I am still lucky to not be experiencing the more troubling side effects that come with this treatment. Wish me luck, I might have some time yet to enjoy before they hit.

Saturday we hung out around the house and did chores. I was able to do a few things as well. 

Today, Sunday, Vicki went  shopping and I changed the sheets on our bed and put the towels and wash clothes in the washer. Not much I admit, but changing the bed linens took me 2 attempts. I had to rest between the efforts. 

I am doing well considering my cancer and treatment. Vicki gives me awesome support and is patient with my weird diet and other peculiarities associated with my condition. We talk a good deal these days and we get that we are blessed to have each others love, support and companionship during these days.

We are both doing our best to live in the moment and enjoy what we can of it.

I wish you and yours the same. Please take time today to fully invest yourself in who you are, where you are and who you are with. It may sound simple, but you'll be pleasantly surprised to find out how much you've missed by not doing that all the time.

Hang in and Stay Cool,

RT

 

No comments: