Monday, October 13, 2014

The Aftermath

It's 5 days since I stopped chemo and radiation. Today is the first day I didn't need to take the anti-nausea meds. It will take some more time to wash the chemo drugs out of my system. 

Instead of reporting the remaining  side effects and symptoms I thought a top ten list of my least favorite side effects of the chemo and radiation  would suffice.

TOP TEN THINGS I WILL NOT MISS ABOUT CANCER TREATMENTS

#10   Loss of Appetite
#9    Neuropathy of Hands and Feet
#8    Rashes
#7    Dizziness
#6    Loss of strength
#5    Burning sensation when peeing
#4    That icky feeling of just not being right
#3    Radiation burns
#2    Vomiting
and the number 1 thing I will not miss about cancer treatments is:  Continous Diarrhea  

If it sounds like I've been a bundle of joy for the last month or so you can see why. I am still experiencing some of the above mentioned maladies but hope they will dissipate soon.

Today was better than yesterday and I am hopeful that tomorrow will be better still.

RT

No comments: