Saturday, March 23, 2013

Cabbage Patch Guys & Dolls

If you can get past the lame wordplay and puns in the title I hope you will stay long enough to read this post. I am writing this from my living room after returning home from the hospital. What I had thought would at most be an overnight stay turned into a ten day 
"rite of passage". 

While at the first hospital I had an Angiogram . The findings were severe enough that my Cardiologist brought in a Heart Surgeon. My x-rays showed one coronary artery with 100% blockage, one with 90% blockage and the other with 80% blockage. I had only  survived this long because the condition took many years to get this bad and I had been very, very lucky.

So instead of heading home after an overnight stay I was transferred to a hospital that
does this type of surgery, Chandler Regional Medical Center. Commonly called a triple by-pass by us civilians, it is referred to as a "CABG" (Cabbage) for Coronary Artery Bypass Graft. Ergo the pun in the title.

I feel very fortunate to be here to write this blog post.

My sincere thanks and appreciation goes out to all the outstanding and dedicated people who saw me through the process. Starting with my Cardiologists Dr. Villegas, my heart surgeon Dr Kralik and his team of Larry (the Murse) and Andrew (the kisser) to the last RN Pat,  on my release day,  I was cared for in the most professional, kind and gentle manner.

I woke up in CVICU to the careful minestrations and hovering of Karen and Darryl; many thanks for seeing me through the return to life.

After two days they moved me up to Cardio Recovery and a wonderful team of nurses looked after me and showed me  how to get better. Thanks to all three Jessicas, Amanda, Ashley, Rebbecca, Frankie, Belle, Missy, and all the other folks on the third floor for your hard work and dedication..

I wish I had the words to say how much I appreciate all that each of you did for me during my time in your unit, but I think I'll just end it with this.... Thanks, Thanks, Thanks.

RT











 









4 comments:

Jack E said...

I think you need to get back to writing!

McPleger

Jack E said...

I think you need to do more writing!

McPleger

Jack E said...

Hey man how you doing?

Jack E said...

How are you doing?