Saturday, August 12, 2017

Close to Finishing Cycle 2

There are just a few days left in my second month of the Clinical Trial. On Monday I will get lab work and a CT Scan to see if the drug has had any effect on the tumors in my lungs. In addition I may get a full body scan. My Hematology Nurse wants to see if something organic is causing my headaches.

I have days with some energy and days with none. The nausea comes and goes along with the corresponding digestive issues. My weight is staying around 160 pounds, a little low, I continue to try to eat as much as I can.

I have procrastinated on the RV parts. I still need to order a battery disconnect switch and a solar battery charger and solar controller. Just haven't had much energy to do anything lately.

Vicki is still struggling with her right shoulder. In addition she pulled a muscle in her stomach lifting a case of water last week, so she is hurting a bit. We are chilling this weekend. We'll watch some Game of Thrones tonight and maybe a little Saturday Night Live. Other than that we will rest up till Monday.

We have to be a Mayo Scottsdale at 6:45 in the morning on Monday. That means we have to get up around 4 or 4:30 in the morning. That's much too early for us.

I have both labs and a scan at Scottsdale, then afternoon appointments at Phoenix Mayo. It will be a long day. I just hope the scan shows something positive this time.

That's it from here.

Hang in,

RT

2 comments:

Jack E said...

Missed this, Nancy and I went to Flagstaff Sunday - Tuesday night, played golf up there yesterday with the "Charley"s" - that's a group of retired guys from Phoenix that all have places in Pinewood. It was a great day up there, the high was 72 and a lot of those old geezers were complaining about being cold. I had my worst score of the year - 90 - but it was great playing with some of my old Del Webb friends, Gary Peccoraro, Red Ronnebaum, and Paul Mason who was my boss at "Superlite" from 1980 - 1983. It was really a great day.

Love you man!

Richard said...

Keep swinging till you can't brother.