Sunday, August 23, 2015

Back to Treatment

It's been a while since I've posted because I have been awaiting the results of my last scan and then a biopsy of three small spots in my lungs. I got the results on Monday from my oncologist. The small tumors are cancer, the same cancer that was in my colon. It has moved and bypassed my liver, stomach and other organs. Instead it found a home in my lungs.

The masses are quite small and this coming Monday a Radiation Oncologist will tell me if they can attack them with focused radiation and how the treatments will go.

First though I'll need a full body PET scan to see if the cancer has landed any where else. If it has not, then treatment will begin on the three known tumors. After that I may need chemo (something I wished to never partake of again) and then way down the road surgery to remove the dead tumors after radiation and chemo.

All this is speculation till I have the PET scan. 

I am hopeful that this round of treatments will be successful and will be the last, but the reality of cancer is that you just can't predict its' behavior.

I remain hopeful and enjoying my life. I am back at work 4 days a week and will try to keep working as long as I'm able. 

The good news in all this is that Vicki had to have a biopsy as well this week for a small tumor in her breast and the results were negative for cancer. This was the best thing that has happened to me in a while.

Here's hoping everything is going great for you and yours.

RT

1 comment:

Jack E said...

Oh man, was just thinking of you and looked at this, God Bless you. I'll give you a call this weekend.