Sunday, December 21, 2014

Post Surgery

I was released from the hospital on the 17th. The surgery was a success in that it got all the tumor and the re-hooking up of my colon seems to be doing OK.

Unfortunately they did find live cancer cells in the lymph nodes at the margin of the excised tumor, so I am in for more chemo. I'll know more after my appointment with the chemo oncologist on the 24th. That's right, I have a doctor's appointment on Christmas 
Eve. I guess cancer doesn't take a holiday.

These first few days at home have been rough. I don't have a lot of energy, the incision hurts like hell and the pain drugs made me throw up. I called the surgeon today and told him my predicament and he told me to stop taking the narcotic pain killer and try ibuprofen. 

I was able to keep a couple of small meals down today and that's great news. The ibuprofen seems to be working well enough on the pain as well.

I learned today that we're having Christmas Brunch at our place. I will enjoy seeing the kids and grand kids.

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas.

RT

No comments: