We will be finishing the Olympics coverage on TV soon and the incessant, inept, inane and incoherent political ads will grow in frequency and number. I am looking forward to reading more books, walking, riding bikes and doing any number of things that will protect me from the Television in my living room.
Concerning our President; here are a few things I DON'T believe about him.
I don't believe he's ..................
- a Commie
- a Kenyan Citizen
- the Worst president ever
- a tax and spend liberal
- in need of Rush Limbaugh's approval
- aggressive and forceful with congress and lobbyists (not sure there's much of a distinction any more)
- willing to push his agenda without compromise
- unable to see both sides of any argument
- a raving partisan politician
- not beholding to financial interests like every other hack in our system
- really there for the middle class
- deserving of being a one term president
Concerning Mr Romney; here are some things I DON'T believe about him.
I don't believe ..................
- his business experience qualifies him for office
- he has multiple wives and children scattered throughout Arizona and Utah
- he has nothing to hide about his finances
- he isn't a bigger pawn of the financial oligarchy than his opponent
- he is smart enough to be both leader and spokesman for our country on the international level
- he cares about the middle class and it's problems
- he is proud of what he did for healthcare in Massachusetts as the governor
- he would be less of an embarrassment than George Bush Jr.
- he has any real plan for helping the economy besides the old cut taxes and regulation line
- he wouldn't continue to gut any positive programs of reform in the federal government like the last president of his party
- he would be extremely worse for the country than Obama
- he is liked by his own party
- he wouldn't continue to help the rich avoid taxes
- he has any understanding of environmental issues and the will to take appropriate action as the leader of the free world
So even though I will be voting this year like I do in every election, I don't have much belief in either candidate.
Who and what do you believe?